This article is a comprehensive guide on setting up and utilizing the Zingtree integration app for Zoho Desk. This document outlines the features offered by the app and provides step-by-step instructions for seamless installation and configuration.
Features of Zingtree Integration App for Zoho Desk
- Seamless Integration: Access Zingtree directly within Zoho Desk for a smooth and intuitive customer service experience.
- Bidirectional Data Transfer: Dynamically pull and push data between Zingtree and Zoho Desk objects. This allows your agents to work from a single location. We support data transfer for both standard and custom fields on Zoho.
- Pause & Resume Feature: Transfer cases or tickets in Zoho from one agent to another while retaining context and tree history.
- Automated Actions: Enhance the customer service experience with Zingtree's automated actions on a Ticket.
- Tag Management: Keep your customer interactions organized by quickly adding tags when specific actions are taken from a tree.
Zingtree Setup on Zoho Desk
Please note that the Zingtree integration app is currently in the process of being added to the Zoho marketplace. In the meantime, customers can still use Zingtree within Zoho by installing it as a private app. Our Zingtree team will assist you in this setup and installation process. If you'd like to request a guided installation, you can do so here:
Step 1: App Installation
- Log into your Zoho Desk account with Administrator privileges.
- Click the Setup icon on the top bar.
- On the Setup page, navigate to Marketplace and click All.
- Search for Zingtree on the Marketplace page and install the app. This will open the Zingtree Installation page.
Step 2: App Configuration
- On the Zingtree Installation page, provide permissions such as "Departments" and "Profile (Role)" before installing the app. Only users assigned to profiles explicitly associated with the extension application during installation will have access to the Zingtree extension application. Users with different profiles cannot utilize the Zingtree extension application.
- After installing the Zingtree application, you can remap the profiles using the provided interface.
Authorization for Data Transfer
- Once the Zingtree App is installed, you can enable authorization to access ticket data from Zoho Desk.
- Click the Authorize button, and you will be redirected to the Authorization enabling page.
- On the Authorization page, click the Connect button, which will take you to the Authorization Information page.
- Click Accept to enable bi-directional data communication.
- Click Accept to enable bi-directional data communication.
- Once you have accepted the Authorization, a confirmation message saying Authorized Successfully will be displayed.
Zingtree App Properties
Add the necessary configuration details and save. Refer to the config details below:
Domain URL: Enter the Zingtree domain name, e.g.,
- TreeID: The default Zingtree Tree ID to load on an insight card. The Tree ID should belong to the organization associated with the API key configured below.
- APIKey: This is your Zingtree API key. You can find this key in Zingtree at My Account > Organization & Billing > API & Data.
- History: Flag to enable or disable the Zingtree History Feature. This value will override the setting in Zingtree. Enter 1 to enable and 0 to disable.
- Feedback: Flag to enable or disable the Zingtree Agent Feedback feature. This value will override the setting in Zingtree. Enter 1 to enable and 0 to disable.
*Note: To set up authentication, enable it in the Tree's Settings by opening the tree in Zingtree, then Settings > Security and checking Require login via user credentials or API key.
Step 3: Display Tree on Zoho
Once you have completed the above steps, navigate to a Zoho Ticket. The Zingtree tree will be displayed within Zoho Desk.
Step 4: Set up Data Transfer between Zingtree & Zoho Desk Ticket Fields
Data Transfer from Zoho to Zingtree
When the tree loads, data is transferred from Zoho to Zingtree. Both standard and custom attributes can be transferred to Zingtree. This works by matching Zingtree variable names to Zoho Field API names.
Find your Zoho Desk API Field Names:
- In your Zoho Desk portal, go to Setup ( ).
- Under Customization, select Layout and Fields.
- Click Fields List under the Layouts and Fields sub-menu.
To display the value of a Zoho ticket field in the content of a tree
- Create a Predefined Variable in your tree in Zingtree that precisely matches the Zoho field API name. You can create Predefined Variables from Information > Variables.
- To display the value of the variable in your content, surround the Zoho field API name with hashtags in the content area of your tree. Like this:
- To display the value within a data entry field in Zingtree: Create a data entry field with a variable name that matches the Zoho API Field Name.
Data Transfer from Zingtree to Zoho
Data is transferred from Zingtree to Zoho during node progression. Both standard and custom attributes can be transferred from Zingtree to Zoho.
When the user clicks through the tree, the data for transfer will be sent to Zoho. This works by matching Zingtree variable names to Zoho Field API names.
In Zingtree create a Data Entry Field with a variable name that precisely matches the API Field Name in Zoho (see details above for finding your Zoho API Field names).
- Create a Data Entry Field or Button Click Variable in Zingtree. The variable name should precisely match the API Field name in Zoho (see details above for finding your Zoho API Field names).
Data Entry Field Example: In this example, the ticket_subject would be set in Zoho to whatever the user enters in the text field while in the tree.
Button Click Variable Example: In this example clicking either of the buttons will set the ticket_subject with a value of "Password" or "Account":
Zoho Fields that Support Data Transfer
Standard Zoho Desk Fields
|API Field Name
Custom Zoho Desk Fields
When mapping custom fields, use the API Field Name as it is defined in Zoho. For example, this is a custom field named cf_account_number.
For nested objects, Zingtree supports only one-directional data transfer from Zoho to Zingtree for the Product, Account, and Contact objects. The variable naming on Zingtree must follow the syntax examples below:
- Nested Account object:
- Nested Product object:
- Nested Contact object:
Step 5: Automated Actions
Quick Notes (Copy to Ticket Notes)
Notes can be transferred from the tree to the ticket in Zoho. When the user selects the Copy to Ticket Notes button in the tree, any notes you specify, or any values of variables you specify, will be copied to the ticket.
- From a Contact Node in Zingtree, select Templates from the node editor toolbar, then choose Add COPY-AREA tags for copy buttons. This will add opening and the opening and closing copy area tags to the content editor. These tags are [[COPY-AREA]] as the opening tag and [[/COPY-AREA] for the closing tag.
- Anything placed between the opening and closing area tags can be copied to the Ticket Notes. This is a good place for your Transcript and All Data collected summary (also available from the templates menu)
- Now place the Copy to Ticket Notes button below your closing copy tag. Available from the templates menu here:
The tree can set ticket tags to keep your customer interactions organized. Here's how:
- Create a Data Entry Field, Hidden Variable, or Button Click Variable in a Content Node. Name the variable using this format. Replace the word tagname with the name of the tag that you want to be set in the ticket.
- When the user clicks in the tree and moves to the next node, the tags will be added to the ticket. Note: for the tags to be seen, refresh the ticket.
Disable Zingtree in Zoho Desk
To enable/disable the Zingtree app on Zoho Desk:
- On the Zingtree Integration page, click the enable/disable toggle key next to Zingtree.
- A warning message appears, stating the implications of disabling the integration.
- Click the Continue button.
The integration is now disabled. You can enable it later using the toggle key if required.
Uninstall Zingtree from Zoho Desk
- On the upper-right side of the Zingtree Integration page, click the More icon ( … ).
- A menu with the Uninstall Extension option appears.
- Click Uninstall Extension.
- A warning message appears, stating the implications of uninstalling the integration.
- Click the Uninstall button.
The Zingtree integration is now deleted from Zoho Desk.