Zingtree provides a simple Webhook for taking numeric input, and converting it to a nicely formatted currency value. Like in these examples:
- 1234567 -> $1,234,567
- 123456 -> $123,456
- 123.00 -> $123
- 123.45 -> $123.45
In this example, we'll assume your tree has a variable named amount, and you want to convert it to a variable called dollars that displays nicely.
First of all, create a webhook to call the currency converter.
- Go to Apps & Integrations
- Click on Add Webhook
- Give the webhook a name, and enter this into the URL:
https://webhooks.zingtree.com/zingtree/v1/make_currencyIt will look like this:
- Add the Webhook.
Next, go into your tree, and add the webhook to a node after the amount variable has been set.
- Edit the node, and click Apps/Webhooks
- Pick the new Webhook you created from the list. Ours is called "Currency Formatter".
- Add these parameters to the message data:
It looks like this:
- Now insert #dollars# into the content area to display the result.
In the Message Data, you can include these parameters:
- value= (the numeric value to convert)
- return= (the variable that gets the formatted currency)
- currency= (The currency, i.e. USD, EUR, etc.) USD is the default.
- locale= (How to format the number returned by region.) Default is USA (en_US). German would be de_DE, etc.