You can use Zingtree with Zendesk's New Request Form to view your customer's Zingtree session history side-by-side with any ticket they submit. This requires using the Zingtree Zendesk app, and adding some code to your Zendesk New Request Form template.
Here's how to add Zingtree Session Data to a Zendesk ticket form:
- Log into your Zendesk account.
- From the top-right icon, choose Guide then Guide admin:
- Click the view icon in the left sidebar:
- Click Customize for your active theme:
- Click the Edit Code button at the bottom-right of the page:
- Under Templates, select new_request_page.hbs:
Add this code to the bottom of the HTML:
Your edited data should look something like this:
- Click Publish.
- In Zingtree, when launching your form using a Link node, be sure to include #session# in the
Next, install the Zingtree Zendesk App. If you're an Enterprise user, you'll want to do this from the main hub.
- Download the app here.
- Open your Admin panel in Zendesk, and click Manage under Apps.
- Click the Upload App button.
- Enter "Zingtree" as the app name.
- Click Choose File, and locate the ZIP file you downloaded previously.
- Click Upload.
- Click the Install button. (Leave the other defaults set.)
Now, when you're looking at Zendesk tickets, click the Apps button at the top right of the screen to show the Zingtree app. Try it!
If no Zingtree data appears in the Zendesk ticket, make sure:
- You are direct linking to the Zendesk form. If you access the support form from a drop-down, then the session data will not be passed along.