Zingtree has built a handy webhook you can use to combine several text (string) variables into a single variable. You just need to add a new Webhook and install it into the node where you want the operation to take place. Here's how to set it up:
Step 1: Add the Webhook to your Organization
- Go to Apps & Integrations
- Click on Add Webhook
- Give the Webhook a name (like "string catenator"), and enter this for the webhook URL:
The end result looks like this:
Step 2: Call the webhook from your tree
Here's an example of creating a variable named url by catenating a variable called domain with some text:
- Open your tree, and edit the node where you want the operation to take place.
- Under the Apps / Webhooks section, click Add App / Webhook.
- Pick the Webhook you added previously (String Catenator, for example).
- In the Message Data area, enter something like this:
&result=url&string1=#domain#&string2=/faq.php- The result= part names the new variable (url).
- The string1=, string2= are other variables or text used to make the final variable.
- #domain# inserts the value of a variable named domain.
- Save the changes to the node.
Your edits should look something like this:
Now just use #url# anywhere you want to show the new variable.
Note: You can include up to 5 strings to make one catenated string. The string parameters may need to be URL Encoded.