Zingtree has built a handy webhook you can use to turn a person's birthdate into their age. You just need to add a new Webhook and install it into the node where you want the calculation to take place. Here's how to set it up:
Step 1: Add the Webhook to your Organization
- Go to Apps & Integrations from the top menu.
- Click on Add Webhook.
- Give the Webhook a name (like "date to age"), and enter this for the webhook URL:
The end result looks like this:
Step 2: Call the webhook from your tree
If you have a variable called date, you can create a new variable named age as follows:
- Open your tree, and edit the node where you want the age calculated.
- Under the Apps & Webhooks section, click Add App.
- Pick the Webhook you added previously (Date to Age, for example).
- In the Message Data area, enter something like this:
&result=age&date=#date#In the above example, the variable date is used to create a new variable called age.
Your edits should look something like this:
Now just use #age# anywhere you want to show the person's age based upon their birthday.
Important Note: This webhook is set to work with dates that are formatted as yy-mm-dd. You may need to update your tree's date picker format. You can do this in the tree's Settings > Language section like this: