As end-users are using your Zingtree decision trees, you can add any information collected during the session into a MailChimp mailing list. Zingtree has a handy MailChimp App for just this purpose.
Here’s how to add data from Zingtree to a MailChimp list.
- In Zingtree, go to Apps & Integrations, and click add Add MailChimp. The MailChimp configuration screen appears:
- Enter a name for this App. For example: “Add to Mailing List”.
- Enter the MailChimp API Key. To find your API Key, log into MailChimp, and select Account, Extra, API Keys. Generate an API key if you haven’t done so already.
- Enter your MailChimp Audience ID into the configuration. To locate it, in MailChimp, click Audience, then select Settings, Audience Name and Defaults from the drop-down.
- Click Add MailChimp App when finished.
- Edit the node where you want to add to a MailChimp list. Look under Apps/Webhooks. Pick the name of the app you just created: “MailChimp: Add to Mailing List”. In the message data, include the variable for the email as shown below:
- Important: The field names you are using in Zingtree must match the merge tag names in MailChimp. So if you have merge tags NAME and ADDRESS in MailChimp, you would use variables named NAME and ADDRESS in Zingtree. You can find the merge tags for each field in MailChimp from List, Settings under List fields and *|MERGE|* tags. They will appear like this:
- In Zingtree, the email address of the end user should be a variable named either EMAIL or email.
Once the end-user reaches the node you built in step 6, MailChimp will receive the information collected by Zingtree and add all matching fields to the list for email.