Sometimes you'll want to take content from one tree, and move a copy to another tree. That's why Zingtree gives you the option to Duplicate nodes in your current tree, Copy nodes from one tree to another, or Delete an entire branch of nodes. These features were formerly called the Prune tool.
- Select the node you want to Duplicate.
- From the Actions drop-down on the right, select Duplicate Node.
Copying Nodes/Branches to Another Tree
- Select the node you want to Copy.
- From the Actions drop-down on the right select Copy to Tree...
- Make sure Node is selected then, using the drop-down, select the tree you want to copy the node to. Click Copy.
Note: You can also copy the entire branch of the tree by selecting Branch instead of Node.
Moving Branches to A New Tree
1. Select the branch you want to use to create a new tree.3. Name your new tree and then click Move. When you've moved the branch it will be deleted from the existing tree.
2. From the Actions drop-down menu choose Move to tree...
Note: If you'd like to keep a node linking to the new tree in your current tree select the Create a node linking to the new tree check box.
1. Select the beginning node of the branch you want to delete.
2. From the Actions menu, choose Delete.
3. Select Branch and then click Delete.
Sometimes you'll want to take content from one tree, and move a copy to another tree. No problem. Here's how to do it:
- Go to Overview, and click this button on the Node you want to copy:
- The Copy Node page opens. Select This Tree or the tree you want to receive the copy:
- The new node is appended to the end of the tree.
- Buttons are not copied, just the contents of the node.
Throughout 2022 Zingtree will be upgrading customers to our new faster and more modern user experience! Here's how to tell which experience your Zingtree Authors are currently using.
Log in to your Zingtree Author account and navigate to My Trees. How does your current My Trees page look?
New User Experience